Yoga Alliance-Certified 200-Hour Programs
Here's what you may be asking: Why should I choose Green Lotus' teacher-training and advanced yoga-studies programs?
Here's our answer: Ask our graduates. You will find them teaching throughout Minnesota, this country, and in other parts of the globe - in schools, businesses, yoga centers, parks, hospitals and clinics, churches, homes, and at Green Lotus itself. And you will find them on their own mats, still exploring, still practicing, still curious. This is why students who search for the best places for yoga teacher-training programs in Minnesota and beyond select Green Lotus.
Our accomplished graduates will tell you that the Green Lotus program is intimate, challenging, supportive, lively and fun, flexible, meaningful, and life-changing. They will talk of deep friendships woven among the other students, of goals met and exceeded, of support freely given and accepted, of being there for each other when life happens. They will speak of relationships with faculty members who give their support long after graduation ceremonies and celebrations.
Sign Up for a Life-Changing Event
Green Lotus adapts to your needs by offering life-friendly unique programs: a 3-week summer immersion program, a 6-month program, and multiple 9-month programs. All programs fulfill the requirements of the Yoga Alliance 200-hour RYT certification and are licensed by the State of Minnesota Higher Education Department and the State of Wisconsin Department of Higher Education. Each model allows each student to create a program that fits best with the commitments of his or her personal lifestyle. Same dynamic, deep content. Same dedicated, caring faculty. Same balance of rigor and encouragement.
I've been involved in physical fitness all my life. Football, weight-lifting, running, Tae Kwon Do, and Kung Fu. A good friend suggested I try yoga. Fifteen minutes into the class I realized yoga was my calling. Within a week I found Green Lotus. I knew I was home. After two years of practice I decided to become an instructor. Green Lotus's instructors are very professional and give you the one-on-one support to help you become a true yogi. My yoga journey at Green Lotus has fulfilled me physically, mentally, and spiritually.
~ Todd J.
- Green Lotus acknowledges the student who wants to deepen her or his yoga practice for personal reasons, and the student whose ultimate goal lies in yoga-teacher certification.
- Green Lotus' teacher-training guarantees you personalized attention in a small-group setting where you will get to know the faculty well and form deep bonds with instructors and classmates alike. Each student is assigned one of the senior faculty members as a personal adviser to have a steady hand of support.
- Green Lotus’ celebrated faculty includes Green Lotus instructors, healers, and visiting master teachers.
- Green Lotus’ curriculum includes study of anatomy, both physical and energetic, yoga philosophy, sequencing and transitions, principles of more than 100 poses, meditation, boundaries and ethics, and business practices. When you complete this program, you will be equipped to teach multiple styles of yoga to multiple levels of students.
- Green Lotus is committed to the success of every student, encouraging self-reflection, self-inquiry, and self-discovery culminating in personal transformation.
Created to each student's personal schedule, Green Lotus offers four life-affirming, convenient options. Upon completion of any of these programs, students will have completed 240 hours of study -- this includes 180 hours of in-classroom training (contact hours) and 60 hours of out-of-class study (non-contact hours). Click the links below for more details on each of these programs.
I truly believe Green Lotus's training changed the course of my life. I am so grateful for the people I met at Green Lotus during the training, the training itself, and the solid knowledge of yoga I now have. You are wonderful, amazing people - thank you!
~ Alicia H