Yoga Sculpt Training
Yoga Alliance-Approved Advanced Yoga Studies and
Continuing-Education Yoga Teacher Training
Dates: November 11 - 12, 2017
CEC: 8-Hours (8 Contact)
Location: Mendota Heights
As the popularity of yoga continues to grow, yoga sculpt has emerged as an appealing option for yogis looking for a physically challenging and highly athletic class. Yoga sculpt adds external resistance in the form of light weights. With a basic vinyasa-style sequence as the foundation, the use of weights builds strength and endurance while also working on flexibility and breath. Other elements incorporated into class include cardio, plyometrics, and proven strength-building moves like push-ups, bicep curls, squats, and jumping jacks. In keeping with the vinyasa tradition, we keep the breath flowing the entire class to increase heart rate while sculpting all the major muscle groups. Upbeat music is also an integral element to class in order to keep the tempo and energy levels up.
This training is ideal for certified yoga instructors who currently teach or are familiar with the basic vinyasa-style format. Adding yoga sculpt to your skill set will enhance your ability to serve your students and give you the opportunity to offer a challenging yet safe class that serves as a nice compliment to more traditional yoga formats.
What You Will Learn
- Yoga sculpt sequencing and cues
- Various options, alternatives, modifications, and techniques to make the class your own
- Music selection and discussion on how to teach to the beat
- Safety discussion on how to protect vulnerable joints such as shoulders, knees, hips, wrists, and ankles
- The benefits of a yoga sculpt practice including strength, endurance, flexibility, and improved muscle tone
Yoga Sculpt Training Faculty
Required Books, Materials & Prerequisites
- Read Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste prior to training
- Attended at least one yoga sculpt class prior to training
- Be comfortable teaching in the vinyasa style
- 200-hour yoga teacher training
- Bring a notebook or journal to capture thoughts, notes, and questions
Green Lotus's Yoga Sculpt Training will be held at our Mendota Heights Center. Hours are as follows:
- Saturday: 1 - 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Green Lotus Alumni receive a 10% discount; registered 300-hour students receive a 15% discount.
Because our training sessions frequently develop a wait list, refunds will be made to your personal Green Lotus account with less than two-weeks advance notice when you cancel. Cancellations made with less than a 48-hour notice will not receive a refund.