Spain: A Pilgrimage of Mindfulness
September 22 - October 4, 2017
A Journey Inward
The Camino de Santiago (the Way of St. James) is a large network of ancient pilgrim routes stretching across Europe and coming together at the tomb of the Apostle James (Santiago in Spanish), who brought Christianity to the Iberian Peninsula. The network is similar to a river system – small brooks join together to make streams, and the streams join together to make rivers, most of which join together to make the Camino Francés. In even more ancient times, The Way was used for trade, for refuge, and for pilgrims of other paths.
On this journey you will join the many pilgrims of all faiths, and hikers who love its beauty, from around the world walking the last section of the Camino Francés to Santiago de Compostela. You will be following in the footsteps of hundreds of thousands of pilgrims who have made the journey on foot since the 8th century. The Camino is for many a life-changing experience and always an unforgettable adventure!
This trip includes walking the last 63 miles of the Camino, which means that you can request your Compostela, the certificate of completion of the pilgrimage. Throughout the trip, those not walking will ride in the group’s private shuttle and meet up with the walkers at “checkpoints” along the way. There will be opportunities to visit small villages and hamlets along the route and leisure time to explore. Your driver will provide some information and direction so that you can make the most of your visits. Along the path, we will practice mindful walking, mindfulness meditation, and yoga from time to time, as well as having gentle classes in some of our hotels or in village plazas.
- Round-trip airfare from Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport
- Accommodations for 11 nights in beautiful casasa rurales and traditional pazos (similar to manor house or farmhouse B&Bs) and in hotels
- Meals including breakfast daily, four lunches, and seven dinners
- Ground transportation by deluxe motor coach and support vehicles while walking
- Sightseeing, including guided tours of the Guggenheim Museum and Santiago de Compostela
- Expert guides will accompany you from your arrival in Bilbao through departure in Madrid
- A scallop shell memento, a Camino guide book, gratuities, taxes, and all the info you need, including itineraries, customs info, travel tips, and more.
$5795 based on double occupancy.