Hot Fusion Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance- & NETA Approved Advanced Yoga Studies and
Continuing-Education Yoga Teacher Training
Dates: September 22 - 24, 2017
CEC: 20-Hours (16 Contact, 4 Non-Contact)
Location: Mendota Heights
Hot Fusion Yoga Is a Powerful, Life-Changing Practice
Yoga is known to restore vitality, heal, and help prevent a range of common chronic aliments. Add heat to the environment, and along with the sweat, breath, and the development of a foundation in the asanas, you find the elixir of life within yourself.
The Essence of Hot Fusion Yoga
Hot fusion yoga captures the essence of the traditional 26 poses of a hot yoga class. The asanas are linked together by connective momentum, a flow that embodies power and strength and is shoulder-and-wrist friendly. Set to a slow tempo, breath and postures are cued to a consistent rhythm throughout the class. Heat aids the lengthening process, challenges the mind's focus, and heightens the ability to transform through the experience of yoga. When you combine the standard poses and flow with heat, you get one of the most dynamic, life-changing forms of physical and spiritual fitness.
Green Lotus Has a Unique Approach to Hot Fusion Teacher Training.
Our hot fusion yoga teacher training allows students to delve deeply into the practice during one intensive weekend. The cornerstone of the Green Lotus approach is to study the practice not only by reading and through engaging lectures, but also by participating in multiple practices so the principles of anatomy and philosophy can be felt in students' own bodies and minds. Teachers will learn how to narrate the progression of the postures and use active cues to communicate to their students how to move deeper in the posture. Students will also have ample opportunities to practice teaching in small groups or to the class as a whole.
Hot Fusion Yoga Training at Green Lotus Is Designed Specifically for Two Audiences:
- Yoga teachers who have completed RYT-200 training and are seeking to teach hot fusion yoga and/or to earn continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of Green Lotus' Hot Fusion Yoga Training, teachers will be prepared to begin teaching hot fusion yoga. For teachers interested in advancing their training, this training applies to our 300-hour advanced teacher training program which can be done one module at a time, in your own time.
- Yoga students who want to advance and deepen their personal hot fusion yoga practice or become familiar with this particular style of yoga physically and energetically.
I've really enjoyed taking my practice to a much deeper level. I think the teachers are knowledgeable and capable. I enjoy having the opportunity to learn and grow with people from different backgrounds and experiences, but who have a love of yoga in common.
- 2010 Graduate
Hot Fusion Yoga Training Faculty
Required Books and Materials
- Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste
- Hot Yoga by Marilyn Barnett
- Please bring a notebook or journal to capture notes, questions, and observations.
Optional but Highly Recommended:
- Bikram's Beginning Yoga Class by Bikram Choudhury
- DVD from Paul Grilley: "Anatomy for Yoga"
Hot Fusion Training will be held at our Mendota Center. Hours are as follows:
- Friday: 6 - 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 12 - 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
*No make-up sessions will be available. If students cannot attend for the entire weekend schedule, they will be able to complete the requirements the next time the training is held.
Green Lotus Alumni receive a 10% discount; registered 300-Hour students receive a 15% discount.
Because our training sessions tend to develop a wait list, refunds will be made to your personal Green Lotus account with less than two-weeks notice. Cancellations made with less than 48 hour notice will not receive a refund.