Mat Pilates & Barre Yoga Training
Yoga Alliance Certified Advanced Yoga Studies & Continuing Education Yoga Teacher Training
Dates: November 4, 2017
CEC: 9-Hour (9 Contact)
Dates: 2018 Dates Coming Soon!
CEC: 9-Hour (9 Contact)
Location: Mendota Heights
Nearly 100 years ago, Joseph H. Pilates developed a unique and revolutionary approach to physical fitness. Used as a method for rehabilitating injured soldiers during World War I, this new form of exercise developed a strong and faithful following among the New York City dance community during the 1920s. Today, the Pilates method is widely accepted as an excellent core conditioning system, with a mind-body connection. Barre is a hot trend right now, with exercises focused on creating strong, lean muscles like those of classical ballet dancers.
This training is ideal for yoga and group exercise instructors looking for new ways to add core conditioning to their classes, students wanting to delve more deeply into the benefits and proper alignment of mat Pilates exercises, and teachers wishing to teach a Mat Pilates or Barre Yoga class format. The training will be divided into two parts:
Pilates Mat Training 6 hours
- Students will take a 60-minute Pilates class
- History and philosophy of Pilates mat work
- Benefits, breathing, cueing, and modifications for approximately 20 mat exercises
- Sequencing for a beginning level Mat Pilates class
Barre Teacher Training 3 hours
- Students will take a 60-minute Barre Yoga class
- Philosophy and goals of the barre exercise routine
- Benefits, cueing and modifications for approximately ten standing exercises
- Sequence combining yoga, standing exercises at the barre, and mat Pilates for an energizing and strengthening class
Mat, Pilates & Barre Training Faculty
Required Books and Materials
- Pilates, Second Edition by Rael Isacowitz (available used on Amazon)
- Please bring a notebook or journal to capture notes, questions, and observations.
Hours are as follows:
*No make-up sessions will be available. If students cannot attend for the entire weekend schedule, they will be able to complete the requirements the next time the training is held.
Green Lotus Alumni receive a 10% discount; registered 300-hour students receive a 15% discount.
Because our trainings tend to develop a wait list, refunds will be made to your personal Green Lotus account with less than two weeks notice. Cancellations made with less than 48 hour notice will not receive a refund.