Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance-Approved Advanced Yoga Studies and
Continuing-Education Yoga Teacher Training
Dates: May 5 - 6, 2018
CEC: 20-Hours (18 Contact, 2 Non-Contact)
The Art of Healing by Letting Go
Restorative yoga is a practice of letting go, of healing the body and mind. Research shows that practicing restorative yoga can aid in combating stress and PTSD, sleeplessness and fatigue, "monkey mind", emotional issues such as grief, fear, and anxiety, and many other symptoms. It is the foundation of therapeutic yoga. Using props such as blankets, bolsters, chairs, and blocks, yoga poses are fully supported, allowing the body and mind to let go and heal. A restorative yoga class is a great option for people who have structural concerns, those new to yoga, or those recovering from injury or illness. With an abundance of modifications, restorative yoga allows every body to reach of state of active relaxation, bringing rest to body and mind, engendering peace and calm, and enhancing receptivity.
Expand Your Skills and Your State of Well-Being - and of Others, Too
Green Lotus's Restorative Training, based on the principles of Judith Lasater's Relax and Renew®, is designed for three audiences:
- Yoga students wishing to expand and deepen their personal practice or become more familiar with this style physically and energetically and apply it to their personal lives
- Yoga teachers seeking to teach restorative yoga and/or earn continuing education credits
- Yoga teachers taking Green Lotus' 300-hour program now or preparing to do so in the future
Instructors Marcia Appel and Randi Henning are Judith Lasater-certified Relax and Renew® trainers and have worked with hundreds of yoga students and teachers-in-training. With them you will explore restorative pose in-depth, with an abundance of modifications and adjustments. You will learn to sequence a relaxing, meditative, and thoughtful class and to tailor a private session for a wide range of unique needs. You will gain tools to broaden your yoga repertoire, and you will learn to guide your students, and yourself, in the practice of letting go: restorative yoga.
A Unique Restorative Yoga Point-of-View
Instructors Marcia Appel and Randi Henning are Judith Lasater-certified Relax and Renew® trainers and have worked with hundreds of yoga students and teachers-in-training in group and private settings. They bring their unique point of view so you can learn:
- To teach restorative yoga in a group-class setting, which requires deft skills to meet so many needs
- To quickly assess the students directly in front of you and determine how to ease them into relaxation and rest
- To determine which props to use and why
- To take care of yourself: Teaching a group class requires stamina, keen observation and listening skills, and compassion
- To sequence classes for different issues from grief to tight hips
- How to conduct an in-take session for a private client
- How to use the in-take information to prepare and conduct an effective private restorative yoga session
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Faculty
Required Texts and Materials
Only one text is required. Please purchase it and read it before the training session.
- Relax and Renew by Judith Hanson Lasater
- Please bring notebook or journal to capture observations, questions, and inspirations
Green Lotus' 20-hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training held at our Lakeville center, hours are as follows:
- Saturday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
*No make-up sessions will be available. If students cannot attend for the entire weekend schedule, they will be able to complete the requirements the next time the training is held.
Green Lotus alumni receive a 10% discount; registered 300-hour students receive a 15% discount.
Because our training sessions frequently develop a wait list, refunds will be made to your personal Green Lotus account with less than two weeks' advance notice when you cancel. Cancellations made with less than a 48-hour notice will not receive a refund.