9-Month Yoga Teacher Training Program
Yoga Alliance-Certified 200-Hour
Yoga Teacher Training & Advanced Yoga Studies
This program, in the form of three independent, complementary study modules, fulfills the requirements of the Yoga Alliance 200-Hour RYT certification and allows students to complete their training at their own pace. This approach enhances student learning by dividing teacher training into distinct and manageable sections and allowing each student to create a program that fits best with the commitments of their personal lifestyle.
Green Lotus acknowledges both students whose motivation is to further their personal study and deepen their yoga practice, and the student whose ultimate goal lies in yoga teacher certification. It is for this reason that Green Lotus has developed training options for both advanced yoga studies and the yoga teacher program. Take one, two, or all three modules - you choose what serves your objective and when it best fits your busy schedule.
Green Lotus' teacher training guarantees that you will receive personalized attention in a small-group setting where you will get to know the faculty well and form deep bonds with instructors and classmates alike. Our faculty includes both Green Lotus and visiting teachers and also integrates the knowledge of experienced healers who practice at our facility and elsewhere. Our curriculum includes study of anatomy, yoga philosophy and history, ethics, and business practices. When you complete this program, you will be equipped to teach multiple styles of yoga to multiple levels of students.
I've been involved in physical fitness all my life. Football, weight-lifting, running, Tae Kwon Do, and Kung Fu. A good friend suggested I try yoga. Fifteen minutes into the class I realized yoga was my calling. Within a week I found Green Lotus. I knew I was home. After two years of practice I decided to become an instructor. Green Lotus's instructors are very professional and give you the one-on-one support to help you become a true yogi. My yoga journey at Green Lotus has fulfilled me physically, mentally, and spiritually.
~ Todd J.
Created to fit each student's personal schedule, Green Lotus offers convenient, modular teacher training and advanced yoga study options:
- Students motivated to deepen their personal study and practice may register for one, two, or three modules
- Students seeking to meet the requirements for Yoga Alliance 200-Hour RYT Certification will complete the full series of three modules
- Students may choose when they wish to attend individual modules - Modules One and Two can be taken in reverse order however Module Two is a required prerequisite to Module Three.
Upon completion of all three modules, students will have completed 240 hours of study - this includes 180 hours of in-classroom training (contact hours) and 60 hours of out-of-class study (non-contact hours).
9-Month Training Modules
Module One - The Beginning Foundation
- Basic evolution, history and philosophy of yoga
- Pranayama and the use of breath as a transformative tool
- Yoga lifestyle
- Art of meditation - developing deeper levels of awareness
Module Two - The Asanas
- Knowledge of basic and advanced asanas (postures)
- Basic human physical and energy-based anatomy and physiology
- The asanas: alignment, healthy and safe movement patterns, benefits, contraindications
- How to read bodies - physically and energetically
- Verbal and physical adjustments
Module Three - The Teacher
- Development of a safe and respectful community in your class
- Teaching techniques and learning styles
- Verbal and physical adjustments
- Development and communication of a balanced and well-sequenced class that teaches and inspires
- Ethics of the yoga teacher
- The business of yoga
- What does it mean to earn a living as a yoga teacher? Open your own studio? Invest in a studio? marketing tools and models to assist you?
- Practice teaching
- Apprenticeship - learn by watching and assisting certified teachers
- Peer teaching - lots of teaching in a supportive environment
Note: Module 2 is a pre-requisite for Module 3
Location: Mendota Heights Studio
Dates: Third Weekend of the Month (September - November; January - June)
Times: Friday, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.; Sunday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Required Books and Materials
- Yoga and the Quest for the True Self by Stephen Cope
- The Best Guide to Meditation by Victor N. Davich
- Anatomy for Yoga by Paul Grilley (DVD)
Pricing and Payment Options* **
A $300 deposit is required to save your spot in the training.
Complete Series Investment - $2900
Enroll early and save $200!
($2700 payment in full must be made one month before the program start date).
This price includes:
Modules One, Two & Three
20% discount on retail (10% books -during weekend training sessions only)
10% discount on continuing education credit (CEC) classes
Green Lotus Yoga Teacher Training Manual
Pay by Module - $300 deposit plus $866.67 per module, total: $2900
Automatic Monthly Payments - $300 deposit plus $260 per month, total: $2900
Automatic Payment Dates September Program - First of the Month, September through June
Automatic Payment Dates January Program - First of the Month, January through October
*The price does not include required books.
** Training may qualify for state-funded worker-retraining programs - contact the Minnesota Department of Human Services or a state unemployment office for assistance.