The Art of Assisting & Adjusting Level 1
Yoga Alliance- and NETA-Approved Advanced Yoga Studies and
Continuing-Education Yoga Teacher Training
Dates: March 1 - 3, 2019
CEC: 22-Hours (19 Contact, 3 Non-Contact)
Location: Mendota Heights
How This Training Will Hone Your Skills
Offering assists and adjustments to yoga students is an art. It requires highly developed observation skills, awareness of body mechanics and movement, intimate familiarity of the poses, and strong communications skills. The goal is to assist and adjust so that students find their ultimate expression of poses without becoming teacher-dependent. This carefully designed immersion into the art of assisting and adjusting, based on the observation of and work with thousands of students, will deepen your teaching skills to help your students to find an openness and mind/body connection that advances their practice. This training will differentiate you as a teacher.
We also offer an Assisting & Adjusting Level 2 Training
The Foundation of the Training Rests on Proper Alignment
- The understanding that more is less when it comes to safe hands-on adjustments
- How to use the various forms of assisting and adjusting from verbal cues to directional signals to physical manipulation
- The role of props as tools in adjusting and assisting
- How to empower students to find personal levels of self-adjusting
- Assisting safely without developing dependency
- We will cover dozens of key foundational poses and their modifications in the following families of poses in this training:
- Sun salutations
- Standing poses
- Forward folds
- Core connection
- Surrender to gravity
Hands-on Practice: Our 22-hour assisting and adjusting teacher training and advanced yoga studies is offered in an intensive weekend of total immersion. As with all its training offerings, the cornerstone of the Green Lotus approach is to study assisting and adjusting not only by reading and engaging lecture and discussion, but also by practicing the adjustments over and over again.
Boundaries and Ethics: Our training includes a segment on ethics and boundaries so we as teachers can better understand our roles and impact and also to develop awareness of the different emotions that can be observed in the classroom - such as anxiety - and how assisting and adjusting can affect those emotions and feelings.
Real Students as Models: Best of all, our students will be given the opportunity to practice assisting and adjusting not only with each other, but also with Green Lotus yoga students who have applied to be models and who will be present at certain times during the weekend. This will give registered teacher-trainers first-hand experience in learning assists and adjustments with actual yoga students representing a wide range of skills and needs.
Wonderful course for newer yoga teachers and those looking for a course exclusive to assisting and adjusting. this was exactly the training I was hoping for and I'm so happy to have taken it.
Assisting & Adjusting Level 1 Teacher Training Faculty
Required Books & Materials
- Students will be required to read portions of Journey into Power by Baron Baptiste
- Please bring a notebook or journal to capture notes, questions, and observations
- Other materials, including a handbook and schedule for the weekend, will be provided as well as pertinent industry news articles
Optional but recommended:
- Yoga Posture Adjustments and Assisting by Stephanie Pappas
- Friday: 6 - 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
*No make-up sessions will be available. If students cannot attend for the entire weekend schedule, they will be able to complete the requirements the next time the training is held.
Green Lotus Alumni receive a 10% discount; registered 300-hour students receive a 15% discount.
Because our training sessions frequently develop a wait list, refunds will be made to your personal Green Lotus account with less than two-weeks advance notice when you cancel. Cancellations made with less than a 48-hour notice will not receive a refund.